Hello, We are looking for a remote content writer with experience creating content for B2B SaaS companies.
This job is very research-heavy.
That’s because 98% of articles we write are bottom-of-the-funnel blog posts (like product comparisons, alternatives, and best-of listicles) that directly sell the client’s SaaS. That’s why–besides a passion for writing, you also need a passion for exploring and understanding SaaS products: their features and nuances and how they compare. And then explaining clearly and concisely what makes one SaaS better for specific audiences.
This role does NOT require you to write fun “flowery” prose.
It’s a role for smart people with a broad understanding of marketing who can communicate product features & benefits simply and clearly. Because of that, knowledge of copywriting is a plus.
You’ll help our clients get more SaaS users by creating product comparison content that positions their software as the obvious choice for their ideal audience. The biggest challenge of the job is doing this accurately and honestly, and ethically.
In short, you’ll learn how to create content that not only ranks, but also brings actual revenue to the client by:
- Following writing SOPs and SEO checklists.
- Implementing editors’ feedback to your existing content
- Meeting with your editors 1:1 and attending group team meetings
- Marketing Smarts. The ability to understand SaaS products: why are they better than competitors, which features make them unique, and who they are valuable for.
- Clear Thinking. The ability to convey product advantages and marketing messages clearly and accurately, down to specific features and how they are used by the customer.
- Open to Editing. You must be able to respond intelligently to editing and feedback. We always provide constructive criticism and expect to work with you to make the post as strong as it can be.
- Desire to Learn. You must be willing and eager to learn. We have a ton of SOPs and learning resources to help you understand exactly what we do, what we want from you, and how to do it.
- Long-term Vision. You want to grow in the role and give us the honor of growing your career with us. We’re looking for long-term (1 year+), steady relationships with writers with room for at least 2 pieces per month. We have a small group of writers that have been extensively trained, are close members of our team, and interact with everyone daily or near daily.
Within 1 month you will:
- Complete our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into Mihael Cacic’s SEO Agency.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about creating compelling content, SEO, and marketing in general
- Master our grammar and language guidelines
- Deliver content ready for publishing in collaboration with your editor
Within 3 months you will:
- Become completely independent when it comes to writing
- Work on exciting projects where you can polish your skills
- Continue to improve and track your progress in content writing and SEO with your editor
- Deliver near-perfect final drafts
Within 6 months you will:
- Progress to a Senior Writer Role
- Mentor, assist, and train new writers
- Create enablement documentation for other writers
Mihael Cacic’s SEO Agency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic.