Hello, we are pleased to inform you that we are hiring.
If you want to put your specialist trade skills to use providing and maintaining safe, secure, and warm places that people are proud to call home – you belong at Bromford.
At Bromford you can expect the following:
- Monthly pay
- £700 out of hours allowance per on-call week
- An additional £50 bonus added to your out of hour allowance for meeting first time fix targets
- Up to 10% annual bonus per year
- Electric Van, if preferred (depending on availability)
- Coffee Card
- 35 days holiday per year (includes 8 statutory bank holidays)
- A choice out of 4 pension schemes
- £500 personal allowance to spend on your choice of things like private medical cover, critical health insurance, dental treatment and gym membership, for example
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Retail discount schemes to save on things like food shops, clothing, technology etc
As part of our service delivery team, you’ll be there for our customers whenever they need you. Big jobs, little jobs, all kinds of jobs — you’ll solve problems and make sure that all our properties and our customers receive the highest levels of service. In your role, you’ll build strong relationships, make new friends, and have a genuinely positive impact on the lives of thousands of people.
We want someone who:
- Is a genuine all-rounder with strong practical skills and first-hand knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, and plastering trades
- Has plenty of flexibility, as well as a proven ability to diagnose, undertake and complete repairs to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Is seen as a people person with excellent customer service skills
- Feels comfortable working within a social housing environment
- Has an outstanding work ethic and the drive to complete work to an excellent standard without close supervision.
You will take pride in the repairs and maintenance of domestic properties and be able to demonstrate a wide range of trade skills in addition to a primary trade.
You’ll need to have a full, clean driving licence, willing to work 40 hours per week and be prepared to join an on-call rota which is paid, set at an additional £500 per on-call week; during this week you would work to adjusted hours on a rota basis. Due to the nature of the role, a DBS check will be completed for the successful applicant.
This is a mobile role covering Gloucestershire West and will therefore involve extensive travel to and from the surrounding areas.
Your previous experience may be in roles as a carpenter, plumber, plasterer, kitchen fitter, or bathroom fitter, amongst others.
We will close this advert when all positions are filled. We therefore encourage an early application.
If this sounds like you, you’ll feel right at home here. At Bromford we give both customers and colleagues the opportunity to realise their potential. In our team you’ll do incredible work and be rewarded for doing so. Not just in the smiling faces of the thriving communities that you help build, but in the trust, support, training, success and friendship you’ll find in our team.
If you can be bold, be honest, be you and be brilliant… you belong at Bromford. Apply now.
In addition to a competitive salary, we will offer you a fantastic benefits package. This includes; 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays); a choice of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes; trust-based flexible working, and a £500 personal allowance to spend on your choice of things like private medical cover, dental treatment and gym membership. Visit our website to see the full list.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK – further information is available on the UK Government website.