Your new company
How does the thought of working for a global Aviation organisation?
If you are a Logistics professional with at least 1 year of experience preferably gained in an aviation environment and now looking for an opportunity to start, grow and develop then this may be the opportunity for you.
Your new role
To work as part of the Logistics team to ensure that all aspects of import function are handled in accordance with company procedures and meet all operational requirements. Provide a high quality of service to all of the organisation’s customers and departments in all aspects of the Logistics function.
- To process and react to the urgency of all Import shipment variations to/from global customers, facilities and suppliers.
- Recognise and organise hazardous & oversized shipments in accordance with shipping constraints, negotiate cost effective shipment methods when required, utilising the logistics network
- Provide import clearance instructions in accordance to the relevant adhering regulations.
- Investigate & classify product commodity codes.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all manner of import queries with commitment that the best solution was adopted and delivered.
- Assist and provide guidance on shipping documentation with regards to imports & exports to and from global locations.
- Investigate, approve and resolve queries for freight accounting invoices.
- Obtain, audit, process Import Entry data recognising and logging errors accurately.
- Assist where required with Import/Export, Data classification audit functions and actioning the most appropriate resolution for entry amendments.
- Assist with the shipment of Export control goods, operational export compliance screening & forms. Provide advice on export control legislation and licences.
- Assist when required with the organisation, allocation, monitoring of shipments and prioritisation of the day to day workload needs.
- Maintain and develop professional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 1 years’ Logistics/Shipping/Import experience preferably gained in an aviation environment
- Minimum of 2 years administration experience gained within an office environment
- Knowledge of import and export procedures and controls desirable
- Educated to A-Level preferred
- Ability to work towards and exceed set targets and KPI’s
- Passion to develop in depth knowledge and skills within Logistics
- Demonstrate good accuracy, attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Analytical thinker with ability to recognise, investigate, respond and solve problems
- Excellent Ability to multi-task prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong organisation, time management and excellent administration skills
- Pro-active, Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to succeed in a busy environment
- Professional and confident telephone skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments
- Excellent computer literacy, highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with some experience with Quantum and web-based Aircraft parts databases highly advantageous
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Hybrid working once you have got to grips with the role.
- Benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.