Internal Audit – Chartered Accountant Graduate Programme
- To be eligible for our Internal Audit- Chartered Accountant graduate programme, you’ll need to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for analytical thinkers with numerical know how, who have the determination to overcome a range of challenges
- You’ll show real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
About the programme
Starting your career as a graduate trainee with our Internal Audit – Chartered Accountant programme will give you a unique opportunity to quickly gain experience and insight into the financial services industry, its products and operations whilst completing a relevant professional qualification. You’ll work with and learn from respected industry leaders, developing a comprehensive understanding of the impact of the changes happening across the financial services, and relevant changes for the bank.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £33,500. If you join a team based in London you will be awarded an additional allowance of £3450 per year (pro rated). And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
This is a three-year programme, where you can look forward to:
- Gaining an understanding of how different parts of the bank operate
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the business risk environment and the controls used to mitigate those risks
- Building excellent relationship management skills, honed by managing multiple stakeholders from a range of different businesses
- Helping your stakeholders improve their risk and control frameworks
- Contributing to delivering the audit plan, providing assurance to the bank’s audit committee
- Supporting continuous risk monitoring and helping to evolve the control framework
- Being supported through a Chartered Accounting qualification.
About the business area
Internal Audit provide assurance for the bank by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to. We are an independent voice in our organisation integral to protecting our customers’ interests and meeting our long-term ambitions.
We make sure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.