Hello, we are hiring now.
As the Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will work as a part of the maintenance department to implement and maintain engineered solutions for our production & Maintenance teams, to achieve measurable increase in plant safety, availability, performance and equipment reliability.
Your goal / purpose will be to support the drive to develop and implement best-practice engineering and process safety standards across the business
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is a leading refiner and recycler of precious group metals. The growing demand for low carbon and responsibly sourced products is creating growth opportunities in critical metals recycling and secondary refining, and as the world’s largest precious metals recycler, PGMS is a key player in the circular economy.
- Analyse data sourced from OEE, CMMS and asset reliability programmes, to identify key areas for engineering improvements.
- Utilise Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to systematically identify root causes of downtime, inefficiency and waste to drive OEE improvements
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) to support the identification of the true root cause of the system, or process failure.
- Use Management of Change (MOC) to ensure engineering modifications are delivered safely and in compliance with engineering standards and site procedures
- Complete and present cost-benefit analysis to gain stakeholder buy-in for approval processes
- Apply Lean/Six Sigma methodology to deliver projects that demonstrate safe, compliant and sustainable solutions to identified operational issues and waste
Requirements for the role:
- BEng degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline, preferably with a chemicals or mechanical bias
- Or Apprentice trained Engineer with HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering, minimum of 5 years’ experience after finishing apprenticeship.
- Previous experience of within an Engineering/maintenance setting
- Proven experience with fault analysis/diagnosis & RCA, FMEA
- Knowledge of CMMS systems and how to extract data for analysis
- Proficiency in use of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift-based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.