Hiring: Associate Director, M&A Business Tax, International Tax, Tax & Legal, London
Hello, we are hiring.
Join Deloitte’s successful Corporate Tax team for genuine development and career progression opportunities within a challenging and stimulating environment.
Be part of a team where hard work and ambition is rewarded, whilst gaining exposure to a wide variety of projects which are sure to enhance your interpersonal and tax technical skills.
You will become part of an extremely successful practice.
This means you will have plenty of room for development opportunities as well as the chance to learn and work with the market leaders.
As an Associate Director in our Corporate Tax team you will have ample opportunity to broaden your experience and knowledge across the wider business tax area.
Joining our team will allow you to:
- Expand your M&A skills
- Gain exposure to a diverse client base, including multinational listed groups, private equity houses, infrastructure funds and privately owned business
- Participate in all aspects of the deal cycle from due diligence services, tax structuring, input into SPA and financing document input, post-acquisition implementation and reorganisations and on-going advice to companies in preparation for sale
- Get involved in client business development activities
- Hone your marketing skills
- Develop your technical skills either by receiving training and coaching or by providing it to more junior members of our team
- Be part of a team that has diversity and inclusion as a shared value and is committed to prioritising our inclusion agenda.
Achieve your aspirations by working with the best in the market!
Your role will predominantly be M&A focussed but with the opportunity to work on a broad range of UK and international tax advisory engagements. This means you will have the opportunity to supplement your M&A skillset with wider tax advisory skills and knowledge.
Our group of about 60 tax practitioners focuses on international groups involved in renewable energy, oil and gas, mining, power generation, and commodity trading, as well as a variety of other major corporate clients working in a range of industries on a truly global basis.
We take your development very seriously and foster a nurturing environment.
Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive – you’ll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself.
- Leading M&A projects, which will encompass undertaking tax due diligence, tax structuring and assisting companies with IPOs
- Delivering complex UK and cross border tax advice and dealing with HM Revenue and Customs on technical matters
- Working closely with our transactional services team as well as transfer pricing, VAT and other technical specialists
- Being instrumental in maintaining and building client relationships
- Supporting the development of junior staff
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based at our London office, with an option for home working.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time or part time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- ACA/CTA Qualification or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of working on M&A transactions and having strong UK Corporate Tax skills and exposure to working with other UK tax and international teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as sound written and oral skills
- Experience of developing and maintaining client relationships
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- The ability to exercise judgement and apply commercial thinking in making client recommendations.
Your service line: Tax Consulting
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.