Hello, we are glad to inform you that we are hiring.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
The Cardiff office has an established track record of successfully delivering transport and highways schemes across the UK and Internationally. Our City Centre office, adjacent the railway station and Central Square, has multi-disciplinary capability offer enabling staff to get involved in a wide range of exciting projects.
Our current portfolio of works comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international development transport and highways projects. Our work has included key clients in the residential, renewable energy and education sectors. This provides our staff with a variety of exciting projects to deliver.
A selection of our current and recent Cardiff-based projects include:
- Cardiff Central Square, including BBC HQ and Interchange
- Event Planning for Champions League Final 2017, and multiple local events.
- A programme of school projects in Local Authorities across South Wales
- Numerous appraisals, transport assessments and travel plans for mixed-use, retail, commercial, educational and residential developments.
- Travel planning advice for universities, hospital trusts and developers.
- Strategic land use appraisals and strategic masterplanning advice for developers, local authorities and government agencies on key strategic development schemes.
- Provision of technical support to Local Authorities from the office and as part of secondment team working.
- Transport for Wales Framework – a range of projects across transport planning and engineering disciplines, providing a secure forward workload and wider opportunities.
Our South West Region includes offices in Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth , working together on a range of projects and Clients. A selection of key projects across the wider region includes:
- Local Plan Transport support to a range of Authorities, including North Somerset, Stroud and B&NES
- Langarth Garden Village, Truro, a 3,500 home mixed use development.
- Brabazon Arena, Transport Strategy and Business Case work.
- Mixed Use City Centre Regeneration, including Kings Quarter & Bus Station, Gloucester and Pydar Street, Truro.
- Transport Assessment, Strategy, masterplanning and Travel Planning for University Clients, including Bournemouth, Exeter, and Bristol.
- Healthcare work for numerous NHS Trusts in the South West.
• An excellent understanding and proven experience in the field of Development Planning.
• Proficient in using and analysing data from the various transportation software packages and be able to produce high-quality reports including transport strategies, feasibility reports, transport assessments, transport statements and travel plans.
• Experience of understanding client briefs, developing fee proposals and the effective delivery of project work.
• Highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ideally a member of a relevant professional body.
• A solid track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects with experience of dealing directly with clients and local authorities.
• Strong communication skills able to liaise with local authority and government officers.
• Ability to communicate and present confidently including in public forums.
• Good presentation and technical writing skills using MS Office products (including Excel and Word).
• Experience of industry-standard junction capacity assessment applications such as Junctions 9 and LINSIG, preferably including experience of larger network modelling.
• A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics, economics or similar.
• A masters degree in a relevant subject is desirable but is not essential.
• Membership of a relevant professional institution (CIHT, CILT, IHE, TPS, ICE).
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.