Howdy! we are hiring.
Do you want to work in a company where people are at the heart of what we do? Do you enjoy making a difference? You can stop looking! Welcome to Valorum Care Group.
Registered Nurse – £48,412 per annum* /£19.00 per hour
Should you find it difficult to submit a CV, why not send us a video describing why you want to be part of Valorum Care Group! Please send your video to recruitment@ valorumcaregroup.com
Handover time paid – Paid Breaks (Days and Nights) – Pin paid – Revalidation support – Ongoing CPD – Career Progression through the VCG Academy – Wellbeing programme for all colleagues – Enhanced pension
We will also offer transport to your shift from Abingdon and Oxford train station! Free ride to work, how good is that?
At Valorum Care Group we have one goal – to make “a better way for better lives”
Valorum Care Group is a leading Nationwide care provider who is passionate about providing quality care to all of the people we support. Our core services are supported living, residential care and nursing services for learning disability, mental health and physical disability
What is great about the company
We offer a supportive environment with a real focus on the wellbeing of our employees as well as offering numerous training and development opportunities. Benefits of being a Nurse with Valorum Care Group
At John Masefield House we are incredibly lucky to be able to offer discounted accommodation on site. We have a newly renovated bungalow set in the beautiful gardens that has 6 private bedrooms and share kitchen, living areas. Should you be interested in finding out more about the accommodation we have please let us know at application stage.
· Wellbeing support
· Enhanced pension
· Flexible working hours
· Free DBS
· Refer a friend bonus
· Excellent, fully funded training
· Career progression through VCG Academy
· Cycle to work scheme
· On-site parking
· Confidential employee advice line
· Employee Engagement app
· Healthcare Cash Back Plan – This is a money back scheme that allows you to claim money back on everyday healthcare costs such as dental, optical and physiotherapy.
· Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) -24/7 confidential advice line, Up to four face-to-face counselling sessions , Employee support (emotional and practical)
· Emotional support includes support with anxiety, depression, stress management, bereavement, personal relationship issues, addictive behaviours, anger management and sleep hygiene Practical everyday support includes childcare matching, legal services, financial & debt support, nutritional & weight management, education, relocation, parenting, midlife & retirement, career and everyday issues
Here at John Masefield House we specialise in supporting people who have varying needs as a result of physical and long term neurological conditions including cerebral palsy, epilepsy, brain injury, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, speech impairment, spina bifida & hydrocephalus and Stroke.
As Support Workers and Nurses we work directly with each individual to develop a personalised support programme based on their needs, wishes and aspirations. This includes personal care, health & wellbeing programmes, community engagement, enablement, volunteering & activities and respite services.
What is the role?
Registered Nurse – £48,412 per annum* /£19.00 per hour– £2,000 Welcome Bonus *Subject to T’s & C’s – Paid Pin – Paid Breaks – Ongoing CDP – Revalidation Support – Career progression
Delivery of Complex medication
Ordering of Medication
Meds Audit including safe disposal
Mar charts, counts
Investigation of anomalies and
Responsible for safe storage of meds
· Delivery of personal care to the people we support
· Write/updates Care Plans
· Participates in social actives with people we support
· Complete fluid/food charts/Daily diary
· Liaising with other health care professionals (GP, District nurse, podiatrist, etc.)
· Create duty rota and running the shift (Delegate team responsibilities, Mange breaks, complete daily audits)
Valorum Care Group are committed to Equality, Diversity an Inclusion in every aspect of our activities. As an employer and provider of healthcare services we truly believe in our ethos of “no labels, no limits” – we welcome applications from all backgrounds and are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustment required.