Entry Level Administrative Assistant -Logisitics
Bond Consultants is a dynamic firm that provides professional employment services to many people with different backgrounds and skills. One of our clients – a Global Logistics Company- is currently looking for an Import Agent. This position pays $18-20/hr and is full-time, non-exempt.
The Import Agent position carries out all customer service activities such as data entry, billing, responding to inquiries, processing orders and handling issues in a prompt, courteous and effective manner. This position is to ensure smooth clearance and delivery to the import customer. The import coordinator will be in contact with US Customs and Border Protection as well as other government agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration.
- Tracking shipments and communicating with clients and vendors about the shipment’s progress
- Document processing and checking
- Arrangements with the Warehouse department for receiving
- Generate invoices for customers
- Reviewing all entries, documents, and files recorded for accuracy before submitting to supervisor for final review.
- Approve vendor invoices and process payment
- Coordinating any necessary ground transportation
- Handle claims with insurance companies if any problems happen
- Audit and maintain files
- Ensure that all documents are in compliance with company policies and federal/state laws/regulations.
- Min. high school diploma preferred
- 1-year experience in transportation industries, required
- Accurate Data Entry skills
- Strong customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced work environment at times under pressure.
- Ability to drive a car.
As an agency, we believe that every jobseeker can potentially bring something special to our clients. If you have any interest at all in our current opportunities, we encourage you to apply. It is our goal to give not only our clients but also candidates aid in their professional prosperity. We would be glad to do our best in helping all applicants make their next steps towards their career goals, whatever they may be.