Database Analyst – Fully Remote (local)
· Swoon is looking for a Database Analyst/ W2
· Location: Dr. Oakland, California (local to Oakland or SF- Fully Remote)
· 07-months contract
· Start Date: January 2023
· Benefits available: Medical/ Dental/ Vision
Who is the client I would be working with?
One of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.
· Demonstrated experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
· Demonstrated proficiency with relational databases (preferably SQL), and knowledge of database and information systems such as SAP.
· BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience.
· 4 years of related work experience
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products – for example, Excel, Word, Power BI, PowerPoint, and Access.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated a history of collaboration
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Data Analyst consultant to join our high-performance team. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of utility industry analytics and their use in tools to asses risk. Working as part of this cross functional team this individual will help develop data driven solutions for decision making and operations. Specifically, in this role you will extract data for analysis, leadership, executive support and responses to data requests and analysis. Maintain operational reporting, tools & databases to ensure that it is kept up to date. Develop, maintain, and enhance metric dashboards and database tools for the broader analytics teams. Identify and solve current gaps in data requirements and ease of access to ensure fast and consistent responses to leadership inquiries.
· Works with all levels of leadership across functions to influence decisions
· Provides new and innovative solutions and recommendations to enhance database(s) with new data sources and improved data processes
· Manages very complex data extracts and list pulls ensuring data accuracy
· Manages extracting data and transferring the data from databases to various analysts to support operational analysis efforts
· Manages complex data analysis projects with limited supervision on only the most complex projects from initial request to presenting data results ensuring that the project is completed on-time and on-budget
· Develops comprehensive reports and communicates clear, concise, and actionable data analyses for clients utilizing tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Excel and/or similar
· Designs data analysis to achieve business objectives, process data, analyze data, write clear and concise data findings and tailor communications to specific audiences
· Creates automated data routines and processes for reporting and data delivery ensuring accurate data manipulation and data cleansing
· Demonstrates and uses broad expertise in data processing and data analysis and applies this knowledge to several different issues
· Analyzes data using various advanced statistical tools to develop complex ad hoc reports, statistics, trends, and profiles
I think I am a good fit for this role, but what should I know about your agency?
• Come get Swoon’d!!
• Swoon handles the staffing needs for over 80 Fortune 500 clients
• We have won the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the Nation Award 7 years in a row
• Swoon was also awarded the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the US from 2016-2020
Seems too good to be true. How great is this Swoon?…
• See for yourself! Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
• Swoon handles the staffing need of over 80 Fortune 500 clients.
• We have won Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation Award 6 years in a row.
• Swoon was also awarded the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US from 2016 – 2020.