CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I – REMOTE BILINGUAL
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
A Customer Service Representative I is a primary customer-facing employee who provides assistance and support for individuals self- directing Medicaid services in the home and the caregivers for those individuals. The CSR is knowledgeable of specific rules and qualifications of the programs Palco supports. Using their knowledge of products or services as well as great customer service skills, the CSR promptly and accurately address issues, provides support and information to ensure customer satisfaction. The CSR also maintains very good knowledge of company systems and sensitive information/PHI handling procedures. Responsible for handling 40+ inbound and outbound calls, with the ability to determine needs and provide one call resolution. This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday from 7:00 am – 6:30 pm CST. The CSR reports to the CS Supervisor.
We are looking for:
- Customer Strong – Make a WOW difference for our customers
- Me to We – Take accountability to trust, collaborate and partner
- Own it! See a need and act
- Be Bold: Challenge the status quo
- Listen to Advocate: What matters to you, matters to us
- Think it Through: Proactively deliver solutions focused on doing the right thing
Job Grade Characteristics
CSR I: This is the entry level grade in the Customer Support grouping. This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into our organization. Incumbents of this grade perform a range of customer support work that does not require prior experience. Generally, additional assistance is required in performing tasks. Individuals in this grade are expected to provide a basic level of support commensurate with their knowledge, skills and abilities. Assigned responsibilities and breadth of knowledge increase with experience, may be reasonable to expect promotion to next higher grade. A CSR is expected to work productively even in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Communicates effectively with a range of individuals with varying educational levels, disabilities, and communication styles.
- Respond to customer inquiries with timely and accurate information.
- Uses person-centered techniques in all participant interactions.
- Receives inquiries about Palco services, how to enroll on the program, and program guidelines and requirements.
- Provides information on self-direction to assure that each individual is able to make informed decisions about their care.
- Assists individuals in completing paperwork or understanding Program requirements.
- Represents Palco in all interactions with the public by providing quality service to internal staff and external clients. Ensures privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance.
- Initiates required action for response to caller requests, including the need for additional support by other Palco staff or requests for documents, and communicate such requests to the proper department.
- Recognizes the need for additional services required by the caller.
- Ensures the satisfaction of callers and professional handling of difficult or unusual situations.
- Conducts follow-up phone calls for quality and satisfaction.
- Participates in development, training, and other departmental meetings and adheres to corporate policies that concern the customer service department.
- Accesses Palco software in order to retrieve information to answer inquiries and to update contact notes and other information into digital case records.
- Requires additional duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Adhere to all remote work policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Can include a combination of high school graduate or equivalent and:
- One year of experience performing customer support activities, preferably in a call center.
- Working knowledge of contact with the public and telephone; modern office procedures and methods.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to electronically document records to a web-based chart.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office, email and internet.
- Good problem-solving and listening skills.
- Must exhibit the ability to work with the public under stressful circumstances in a fair, calm, and understanding manner and obtain positive results.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of office equipment, including computer and networks.
- CRM experience and/or Medicaid experience a plus.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Palco, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis.