Customer Service Agent (Part Time, Remote)
4000 W 40th St, Chicago, Illinois 60632 United States of America
Are you a critical thinker and a problem solver? Are you looking for a company with growth opportunities? Do you enjoy assisting customers on the phone?
If you answered yes to all of these, then this opportunity is for you!
In this role you will take incoming calls from customers resolving customer concerns as well as assist with product knowledge, reservation and rental assistance. We may need to work hand in hand with other team members to craft an acceptable solution for the customer’s concern. Customer Service agents are also expected to assist customers with product suggestions, as well as offer additional products and services to existing customers.
U-Haul offers its Customer Service Agents:
- Paid Education
- Customer Service career path options
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
We offer on-the-job education which allows you the opportunity to learn and begin performing some of your job duties right away while helping customers. This role offers hands-on education working with your manager from day one, and self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
Customer Service Agent Minimum Qualifications:
- Intermediate keyboarding and computer skills
- The ability to type 50 wpm
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as comprehension skills
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
- General Customer Service experience and problem solving
Must be available between the following times, based on Arizona time.
- Mon – Fri 10am – 8pm AZ time
- Sat – Sun 1pm – 9pm AZ time
- No overnight shifts open at this time.
- Must have 10 hours of availability on the weekends
- Working holidays is required. We are open 365 days a year and this department is staffed 24 hours a day.
A note about how we schedule: We schedule based on customer demand (customer-centric scheduling). You might be scheduled less hours during some weeks and more during others depending on your availability.
- Hourly base $14hr, $15 Bilingual, no bonus.
- Base pay increases as you learn and perform additional job duties.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
You will be required to provide a USB headset for this position.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working in-person at a U-Haul facility.
- All work duties, including initial education, must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, Manager approval is required.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
*Computer requirements and internet speed will be verified, if interviewed.
- A wired USB headset with a microphone.
- Web cam for use during education and for interacting with your Manager (not for use with customers).
- Minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at speedtestcustom.com. Click dropdown menu below GO button and choose a Phoenix, AZ server.
- Windows 10 OS is required.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
- Windows OS processor requirement: CPU (aka processor) score of 2000 or greater.
- To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
- Go to this website. Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
- Should have the following Web Browsers installed: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge (Google Chrome is preferred).
- A secure, Wi-Fi connection owned/managed by the team member is permitted but a hard-wired connection is preferred. NO public or open networks allowed. Complex password and strong encryption (WPA2 only) required. Default router admin password must be changed. If Wi-Fi is determined to cause technical difficulty, a hard-wired connection will be required.
- Anti-Virus and (PCI) standards. Payment Card Industry (PCI) requires you install and use the Company provided anti-virus software and have no other anti-virus software installed/in use on your computer while conducting education or working.
- Company programs must be installed on your computer as required to do business. Diagnostic information is collected related to PCI and technical requirements. No other information is collected. Download and installation of any Company program/software should always occur while clocked-in and being paid.
- Technical difficulties associated with the team member computer or ISPsuch asmalware, virus, hardware failure, CPU usage, ISP connectivity or speed, or unidentifiable cause are the responsibility of the team member to correct in a timely manner in order to continue employment.
The following is not permitted due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- MAC Operating Systems
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Compute stick or similar device.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the Team Member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Washington). This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.