Apply To Be Animal Care Technician
Hello, we are hiring.
New College Swindon have an exciting opportunity for a Animal Care Technician to join the team.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £18,828 – £19,121 pa FTE
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since the merger with Swindon College to become one College. We are proud to showcase our successful £20M investment in the new Institute of Technology. The IOT is an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles. These exciting developments will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff. It’s a really great time to be joining us!
Animal Care Technician – The Role:
We looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to help effectively support and maintain the animal care centre, and maintain a high standard of animal welfare within the centre.
In this role, you will be part of a team maintaining the day-to-day running of the animal care centre as well as helping to plan and prepare for our new animal care centre that is being commissioned.
Animal Care Technician – Key Responsibilities:
– Responsible for monitoring animal welfare and ensuring all animal husbandry standards are kept to optimum conditions
– Develop and maintain good relationships with other colleges for sharing good animal husbandry practice
– Help, advise and assist students during their training and whilst carrying out practical activities or assist other lecturers in a classroom as part of a curriculum programme
– Ensure good standards of record-keeping (i.e. weights/health checks/import and export paperwork/feeding logs/risk assessments), writing process paperwork where necessary
– Work with the curriculum lead to develop and guide future development of provision
– Use course specifications to build the animal collection, importing and exporting animals as appropriate
Animal Care Technician – You:
– Minimum Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics.
– Level 3 qualification in related field or the ability to work toward
– Some experience of animal husbandry and welfare
– An understanding of current developments in a related field
– Significant and recent work with learners in a relevant context
Animal Care Technician – Benefits:
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
– Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
– Excellent Pension scheme
– Generous Holiday Allowance
– Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
– Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS to the satisfaction of New College, will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 10 November 2022
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.