Apply To Be An Occupational Health Practice Nurse
Howdy! we are pleased to inform you that we are hiring.
RPS occupational health have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Health Practice Nurse to ensure the delivery of class leading service for the supply of emergency response and treatment services, health surveillance, health screening and health promotion to the client. The work is delivered at the client sites in Essex, and you may be very occasionally required to travel to another client sites within the UK with notice. You will be the face of ‘quality service’ for RPS Group and be responsible for the advice given and the service perception of the employee and organisation.
We’re RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you’ll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career.
What you’ll be doing
- Provision of proactive Occupational Health to the client, and co-ordinate defined Occupational Health activities ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and contractual code of conduct
- To prevent adverse health effects arising from workplace activities through the application of specialist skills, knowledge and standards
- Ensuring knowledge and sign off for efficient recording of all clinic visits at site
- Treatment service (emergency call outs)
- Ensuring ongoing sign off of checklist and competencies as agreed with OH Clinical Manager
- Attendance at safety walks, 1:1 meetings with Clinical Management and SDM
- Mental Health support by effective signposting
- Supporting Wellbeing programme initiatives and assisting with maintenance of staff notice boards
- Maintaining evidence-based clinic practice in-line with NMC regulations
Who we’re looking for?
- Willingness and ability to travel and work outside normal office hours (early ,late and night shifts with shift allowance paid)
- High degree of self-management, self-motivation, open to change and can lead by example
- Comfortable to work alone or as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be open to change and lead by example
- Excellent organisation skills are essential to prioritise and manage a flexible workload
- Current, valid UK driving licence and own transport
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, email and OH systems
- Be flexible, open to change and lead by example
What’s in it for you?
Here you’ll find true support and encouragement. We’re an accredited training provider and we support learning and development for everyone. A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you’ll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
What happens next?
If we feel you are a good match you will have an initial chat with one of our clinical staff. If we still feel we could work together you will then be booked in for a more formal competency-based interview.
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we’d love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and if you’d like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact
Ready to apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online.