Howdy, we are recruiting
Bloomberg’s Supply Chain business is a multifaceted global organization comprised of subject matter authorities that support internal and external customers through Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing. Operating out of 22 locations globally to distribute business critical equipment in over 190 countries, we work hand-in-hand with our businesses to plan, procure, and distribute the products and services that drive the success of Bloomberg worldwide.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg Supply Chain is seeking a Distribution Planner to join our Supply Chain Planning team. As a valued member of our global Supply Chain team, you will be responsible to ensure right equipment in right locations at right time in the EMEA region by monitoring customer equipment demand and positioning inventory availability. You will play a meaningful role to balance demand and supply requirement of Bloomberg equipment, and driving continuous operations improvement. We also expect you to work with team members and operations in order to deliver the best service quality to Bloomberg customers.
What will you do:
- Manage distribution schedule in the EMEA region, and arrange stock transportation orders to FSLs or other regions daily
- Work with various team members in different business markets to optimize inventory level in the region by reviewing safety stock, lead time and volatility in demand and supply plan
- Work with various functions in Supply Chain to optimize cost and lead time
- Maintain master data to align with all planning functions during hardware NPI and EOL process
- Get involved in projects for system enhancement, automation, continuous process improvements, etc.
You’ll need to be able to or have:
- Proficiency in Supply Chain principles and a broad understanding of S&OP.
- A thorough understanding of standard order management process.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the emphasis on maintaining good working relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects and deadlines, as well as lead project teams if required.
- SAP R/3 and MS Office experience is required.
We’d love to see:
- Extensive experience in Logistics and Distribution
- Experience in Supply Planning using SAP would be beneficial
- Ability to analyze problems, create solutions and multi-task with attention to detail.
- MCIPS (Member of /studying towards qualification with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Chain) or related Supply Chain qualifications, are also preferred.