Howdy, We’re looking for a Finance Business Partner to join our Finance team for the Northern & Scotland construction business.
Location: Stepps, Glasgow – with occasional home working and travel
Contract: Permanent, full time
In this role you will manage and develop the digital reporting inputs, engaging with the local Finance Teams to deliver a first-class end-to-end finance service
Your day to day will include:
- Support and work with Regional FD to deliver the Construction Finance Digital Reporting Plan as part of the wider Kier Construction Digital reporting strategy
- Oversee production of monthly MAPS, overhead cost reports, profit and loss accounts, balance sheets and management accounts. Understand and report upon variances
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts, quarterly reviews, consolidation packs, annual budgets along with attending VCR meetings and carrying out audits.
- Support and assist with developing and implementing tender details, cost of sales level detail and overhead reporting into the digital reporting portal
Who are we looking for?
- Fully Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Capable of liaising with, supporting and influencing operational / commercial management.
- Computer literate with strong systems skills
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don’t tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at to discuss and arrange these.
Benefits at Kier
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance and more
- 26 Days annual leave
- Green car scheme
- Matched pension up to 7.5%
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website:
Who is Kier?
We’re made up of six business units, Group Functions, Construction, Highways, Infrastructure, Utilities and Property, and as a group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK. Take a look at our sustainability objectives:
At the core of all our projects is technical excellence, utilising the latest building methods and innovations to ensure we offer the best value to our clients as sustainably as possible.
Our projects are those that support the local communities we work in, helping them thrive and progress. We are collaborative, trusted and focussed in all that we do, and our people are essential in helping us achieve our goals.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives.
You can see more about our D&I action plan here:
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early
Recruitment agencies – we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance.