Apply Now: Business Support and Security Officer Needed
Hello, we are glad to inform you that we are hiring.
Business Support and Security Officer
Salary: £24,000 – £29,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company are well regarded providers of NCSC Certified Cyber Security Consultancy, CREST registered Penetration Testing and accredited Digital Forensics services. They are growing their team of predominantly ex-Armed Forces and they require a versatile and capable person to join their management team who can help them run the company in the background, allowing their specialist consultants to concentrate on delivering to their clients’ needs.
They are looking for a Business Support Officer in the Greater Cardiff Area / South Wales. Your ability and willingness to travel is essential but will be largely working from home once settled into the role.
The role requires someone to take ownership of the company’s Personnel Security System as their primary responsibility, with secondary responsibilities including assisting with recruitment, event management, and the willingness to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and support other members of the team when needed. A brief job description is as follows:
- Take ownership of the recruitment, vetting and security administration for the company; liaise with National Security and Vetting (NSV) Service direct and through the NSV portal, maintain the vetting register, act as a security point of contact, act as a recruitment point of contact.
- Support the Chief of Staff (operations and support services manager) with maintaining and improving the company’s processes, policies and quality management.
- Assist with the planning, management and execution of the company’s conferences, meetings and events.
As the ideal candidate, you will be (or have the potential to become) the subject matter expert in your area, but also be able to contribute holistically and add value to a range of their activities. You should be able to identify and deliver improvements to the management, administrative and security systems and processes whilst also be willing to learn and quickly implement government and industry requirements, particularly in respect of personnel security issues.
To achieve this, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Willingness to undergo Government Security Clearance checks (therefore a UK National and/or hold Indefinite Leave to Remain).
- Flexibility in your approach to achieving tasks and solving problems, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to attend regular meetings at their sites in Caerphilly and North Cardiff (initially a day per week, dropping to 1-2 days per month) and occasional other travel to company or client sites, staff conferences, trade exhibitions etc.
- An ability to work collegiately with a small multi-disciplinary management, finance, sales and marketing team.
- Self-motivation and the ability to be responsible for working largely autonomously and unsupervised, while recognising the importance of contributing to wider team aims.
- Evidence of providing administrative support, particularly organising events and meetings, preparing documentation and reports, managing filing and record systems, generalist research and maintenance of personnel records.
- Be well versed in the use of Office 365 IT and software, in particular SharePoint and collaborative working.
- Show a clear commitment to the Arcanum Values and Standards, particularly in respect of demonstrating integrity and doing the right thing.
Advantageous, but not essential:
- Knowledge of the Cyber Security sectors, and/or experience of working with Government.
- Knowledge of personnel security, and general security (physical and information) issues.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of recruitment and employment issues, (i.e. the principles guiding leave entitlements, contracts, working conditions, discipline and grievance systems, etc) in accordance with ACAS best practise.
In return, the company will offer you a largely home-based role as part of a supportive and friendly team, with a good level of flexibility in your working times and practices.
They provide attractive benefits including:
- A share of the annual company performance bonus
- Competitive pension
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Health insurance.
There are opportunities for career development and progression, with membership of professional bodies (e.g. CMI, CIPD) encouraged and paid for, and promotion available to those who show talent and ability.
Much of the work is in sensitive business sectors and the role will need you to process and manage confidential information. Once selected, you will be required to undergo a Government Security Clearance as a condition of employment, a process that the company will guide you through. As a result, this post is only open to applicants with an unrestricted right to live and work in the UK (and should be resident in the UK for the last 5 years or more).
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying.
Closing date for applications is Monday 6th February 2023 with interviews intended face to face in Cardiff between 13th to 17th February 2023.