Hello, we are hiring.
Spire Dunedin Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Bank Ward/General Admin to join our dedicated and motivated team.
We are looking for Ward/General Administrators to join our Bank team. Bank administrators provide cover during annual leave, sickness and high volume periods.
Working as part of our bank team will suit someone who would like the challenge and variety of working in different areas, does not need set hours per week/month and would like a degree of flexibility with regards to hours/days required to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcoming patients onto the hospital/department and where required escort patients to their rooms.
- Admitting them in the computer ensuring accurate collection data
- Acting as point person for all enquiries on the ward
- Carrying out various admin task, including filling of patient notes
- Compliance with forms and processes.
- Discharge of patients onto computer system ensuring accuracy of all information.
- Manage the hospital switchboard in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring all calls or enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Undertake various clerical duties including checking of bed status reports, ordering and distribution of newspapers
Who we’re looking for:
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good basic PC skills, including word excel and outlook
- Excellent customer service skills
- High degree of accuracy and ability to self-check own work.
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Experience in a customer service or administrative environment
- Excellent IT skills and telephone manner is essential
- Switchboard experience would be an advantage although not essential
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness, or annual leave
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
- Access to Spire Healthcare pension
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Full induction, including mandatory training updates
- Opportunities for further training and progression into permanent posts
- Knowledge, support and guidance through your recruitment journey from Spire’s specialist Resourcing Team
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Courtney Williams –
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it’s about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Welcome to Spire Healthcare Careers – Here at Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion. We have been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 25 years. Everything we do works towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. We’re committed to looking after people, both patients and staff. Join us, and you’ll receive a warm welcome.
Who are we? – A profitable, successful business led by an experienced and stable senior management team, we provide the highest quality of care through the latest medical technology, new facilities, and a focus on inspiring leadership and employee development.