Apply As An Assistant Cook
Hello, we are now hiring.
At Elior we’re enriching lives, everywhere, every day. Feeding children in schools, loved ones in hospitals and care homes, sports fans in stadiums, visitors in heritage sites and teams in the workplace.
We are a multi-award-winning global player in the hospitality sector, founded in 1991 with over 105,000 colleagues worldwide, serving over 4 million guests every day. In the UK, our dedicated team serve our customers across 1200 locations.
Because of our success and stability, we can offer you excellent career opportunities where you will be nurtured and supported to fulfil your potential. We are renowned for looking after our people, with 87% of our colleagues feeling proud to work with us, and we are committed to delivering delicious and healthy food, which is ethically sourced.
And we’re committed to looking after the planet, supporting the community, cutting food waste and supporting wellbeing. We’ve lots to shout about with our strong and united approach in tackling many important global sustainability issues.
This role sits within our education division – catering for students. Dedicated to providing high-quality, nutritious food for our younger generation, we’re 100% committed to supporting a healthy diet. At Taylor Shaw, we’re driven by the knowledge that young people deserve and need the best food for their wellbeing; we do food with a difference.
Description du poste :
Your key responsibilities as the Assistant Cook:
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the cashless till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used if asked to do so
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
Description du profil :
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Assistant Cook include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience in a busy Secondary School, minimum of 2 years
- All relevant catering qualifications
Nous proposons :
We thank our colleagues for a job well done, that’s why we offer a wide range of benefits, including;
- A salary of £12.00 per hour
- Term time only position including holidays in line with the school calendar
- Life Assurance and optional pension scheme available
- Uniform provided
- Free access to mental health first aiders & therapy sessions – supporting you through life’s ups and downs
- Free access to the 24/7 GP service, nutritional & health experts, financial & legal support – the wellbeing of our teams is key
- A vast amount of discounts & cashback for supermarkets & retail – reducing your shopping bills
- A cycle to work scheme – saving you 25-40% on bikes
- Discounts for cinemas, restaurants, hotels, holidays and family days out – we want our teams to enjoy life
- A great variety of opportunities & award winning development programmes to support your career ambitions – big enough for growth, small enough to feel connected
- And since the community is at the heart of everything we do – we offer 2 days paid leave for charity work.