Application Is On-going: School Technician Needed
Hello, Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust have an exciting opportunity for a School Technician to join the team.
Location: William Lovell CofE Academy, Stickney, Lincolnshire
Salary: G5 12-15 (£23,194 to £25,878)
Job Type: (20hrs pw, 39 weeks per year) – flexible working will be considered
We’re a Church of England trust so we call it being made in the image of God. But you don’t have to. You just need to be able to look at our children and young people – however deprived or privileged, however difficult, or compliant, whatever their background, or ability, or culture, or gender – and know that what you do, what you give to them, how you relate to them can transform their lives. And then you have to have the energy, and passion, and drive, to give them your best.
School Technician – The Role:
This is an incredibly exciting time to join William Lovell Church of England Academy. We are on an aspirational journey under ambitious leadership. There is an ambitious growth plan for the school, its staff, and students.
We are looking for a high quality and proactive School Technician to join our dedicated and friendly team. The successful candidate will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills, high expectations and a real commitment to achieving the very highest of standards.
School Technician – Key Responsibilities:
– Supporting teachers in preparation of learning materials
– Assisting in practical sessions where required
– Responsible for Health and Safety checks and risk assessments; ensuring high standards and ensuring guidance is always adhered to
– Maintaining all classrooms and working areas including the prep rooms
– Ensure maintenance of the equipment and materials used in each area
– Preparing equipment, materials, ingredients, chemicals and specimens for practical sessions and examinations, including constructing and setting up equipment as required
– Cleaning equipment and classrooms after practical lessons
– Science – Making up and ensuring the availability of standard solutions and other agents in all appropriate working areas
– Science – Developing and maintaining areas for living specimens to thrive and grow
– Science – Ensuring that living specimens (plants and animals) are cared for appropriately
– Managing stock levels
School Technician – You:
– 5 O Level/GCSEs (English & Mathematics at grade C or above or equivalent)
– Experience of working with children in an educational environment
– Previous experience of working in a science and/or food environment
– NVQ Level 2 or Equivalent or working towards
– Good listening, oral and literacy skills
– Knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and usage of hazardous equipment and tools
– Understanding and knowledge of the support required to meet the differing needs of children
– Knowledge of COSHH regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals
– Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation as it relates to the workings of a school
– Ability to use appropriate judgement to seek and clarity detail where appropriate and escalate issues when necessary
– Awareness of the sensitivities of information and ability to apply confidentiality and discretion
School Technician – Benefits:
– Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, Teachers Pension Scheme for Teachers
– 25 days annual leave
– Growth and Development processes in place for all employees to support continuous professional development
– Access to over 70 online E- Learning courses
– 24-hour confidential helpline covering legal, financial, wellbeing, health and nutrition etc.
– Confidential counselling – up to 6 sessions free of charge
– Physiotherapy – up to 4 free sessions free of charge
– Coaching – Personalised stress coaching plans over 6 weeks, one to one with an OH Practitioner
– Virtual GP – Accessible by smart phone or computer, same day appointments available at time to suit
To submit your application for this exciting School Technician opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!