Accounting Clerk II (Hybrid: Onsite & Remote)
Join Our Community of Food People!
Provides accounting and clerical support in an effort to deliver accurate and timely finance and accounting services in support of the Area Finance Manager.
JOIN THE US FOODS® FAMILY!
Ready to build a career with a company that’s leading the foodservice industry?
Due to bank holidays, some Sunday mornings will be required
US Foods benefits start day 1!
Blended Role: This position is a blended role: the work is a combination of onsite and remote as defined by the role segmentation. Typically 8 days a month in office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform assigned accounting and related clerical support functions including data entry and record retention
- Complete payroll related activities, including timekeeping review and maintenance, and pay calculations
- Complete union benefits and dues payments and document all transactions for audit submissions
- May perform one or more of the following functions: internal cash collection and processing, special order /drop ship billing processing, processing Credit/Debit memos
- Establish and sustain effective communication and coordination between distribution center, Head Office and Shared Service Center personnel in researching, tracking, and resolving accounting, customer and vendor related issues
- Complete period end close tasks and reporting requirements
Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in Accounting or Business a plus.
Related Experience: Must possess minimum of 2 years related accounting clerical experience; previous Payroll, General Ledger, and union experience preferred; foodservice distribution or similar distribution experience a plus.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Requires basic knowledge of accounting techniques and principles. Strong organizational skills required. Must be detail oriented with ability to maintain accurate records. Must be proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Finance and Insurance